Monday 17 June 2013

OpenUIThemes, a new company that creates themes for Siebel Open UI

Some days ago I received an email from a Company representative who wanted to introduce me to their concept around Siebel Open UI. Why not? I replied “Ok” and so I joined a video conference with the guy the next day.

Much to my surprise, they had decided to create packaged themes with various look & feel for Siebel Open UI to help other companies customize their Siebel CRM Open UI application.

The idea is very promising I think, as every company has corporate colors and branding that makes its visual identity.

I’ve seen in the past that it’s much easier to implement a new tool, make an upgrade to an existing tool and finally gain user adoption when the users feel that the software was made specifically for their company (visual identity, colors, display, etc… is part of it).

It also seems to go along with Oracle’s strategy with the Open UI (apart from the compatibility benefits).

Here is the URL: http://www.openuithemes.com

At the end of the video conference, I had a look at the code of one of their themes and they also offered me to test it… So I think I will!

Next post I will make a review of this test and share my thoughts.

3 comments :

  1. custom images are not working in siebel openui...


    ReplyDelete
  2. custom images are not getting displayed in openui.

    please help me.......

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Purna,
      Can you please tell me more about this issue? where you added Image? where you hosted this image?

      Delete